We tried this dish out last night, using some of the ingredients we had left over from making burritos. It’s quick, straightforward, and absurdly delicious. The flavors of the vegetables and the salsa verde meld together well, creating a tart and flavorful dish that can be as mild or spicy as you’d like. We served it with a heap of rice, fried eggs, and a spoonful of roasted cherry relish.
Ingredients: celery, green tomatoes, mushrooms, salsa verde, scallions, cumin, coriander, black pepper, salt
1. Prepare salsa verde in advance.
2. Fry finely chopped celery in hot oil for two to three minutes. Add cumin, coriander, and black pepper.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and diced green tomatoes, and cook on high heat for four to five minutes.
4. Mix in enough salsa verde to coat all of the vegetables along with the scallions, and cook for an additional three to four minutes on medium heat.
5. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.